‘Headworks’ is Watermatic’s way of making irrigation installations easier for landscapers and contractors. The headworks model is based on standard pricing for the supply and installation of more complicated components i.e. the backflow assembly, irrigation controller, solenoid valves, wiring and rain sensor - giving you certainty. We come and install the 'Headworks' components and your team install the components downstream of the solenoid valves, i.e. drip pipe, pop up sprinklers and micro sprays.
At quoting stage, you can have confidence knowing how much the irrigation is going to cost.
Headworks gives you
- We have pricing for the most commonly used irrigation set-ups
- We have included some rates for supply only of materials to assist you at quoting stage - just work out your garden and lawn areas and then apply the material rates, plus add your labour
- You include the relevant pricing in your quote to your client
- Simply order the Headworks Kit/s you need. If you require materials, give us a material list, or we can create a material list from your plan
- We come to site and install the Headworks
- Whilst we are on site we deliver the materials for downstream of the valves. Your team install those components and simply connect to the solenoid valves
-Standard Pricing - gives you certainty.
-Quick - we get in and out in half a day.
-Cost Effective – professional irrigation system for a smaller investment.
-Reduces Scheduling – by eliminating an irrigation contractor working between soil, planting or mulching activities.
Standard garden tap to be provided a minimum of 450mm above ground level in a softscape area for connection of the backflow assembly. A separate irrigation isolation ball valve will be installed as part of the backflow assembly.
All solenoid valves will be installed in a valve box within a softscape area.
All solenoid valves will be installed below the backflow assembly (generally within 0.5m of the backflow pipework) within a softscape area.
Master valve will be installed within a dedicated valve box and located upstream of the solenoid valves within a softscape area.
All valve boxes will be finished approx. 30mm above soil level to allow for mulch.
The irrigation controller is to be mounted within 5m of the solenoid valves on a solid structure.
Flow sensor will be installed within a valve box and located upstream of the solenoid valves within a softscape area.
Flow sensor to be installed within 5m of the irrigation controller.
Wired rain sensors are to be installed within 5m of the controller and wireless rain sensors to be installed within line of sight and no more than 20m from the
No allowance has been made to install pipes or conduits under paths or through walls.
No allowance has been made to conduct flow and pressure tests to confirm the number of zones required.